Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Little Glitz


Is it really that time? I know some are already working on their holiday cards so I am posting one that I made using the new Poinsettia stencil from Lasting Impressions. I used a piece of cardstock that was 5 1/2 x 11. Using my Scor-Pal I scored fold lines at just under 4 1/4 inches from the left edge and then again at about 2 1/2 inches from the right edge. I used the CB folder to emboss the two flaps. After dry embossing the Poinsettia and leaves, I scuffed them and then cut them out to attach to the card. As you can see I added Gold Glitter Glue to the center of the flowers and on the leaves. I also finally was able to use some magnets (which I have had for several months) for the closure. I do need to add something to the upper right hand corner and a message inside but wanted to share my first card of this type and possibly give you an idea for your holiday cards. (All of the materials may be ordered here.)
Materials used --
Lasting Impressions Papers: Snickerdoodle, Poppy Solid and Forest Green Dots
Template: L9607
Accessories: Glitter Glue and Magnets

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Great card, Vicki! And you used your magnets - awesome:)

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!