Friday, February 20, 2009

Penny Black Stamps



When I started stamping I definitely leaned toward stamps that I would ink with various colors and the coloring was all done for me. I was a little afraid to try coloring images but now with Copic markers, I am really enjoying the fun little critters that are designed by Penny Black. The Hedgehog images have become one of my very favorites to do. With a little grandson, I thought this would be a fun image to order and have for when he gets a little bigger.

The card base and layer with the design is made with papers from Lasting Impressions. I ran a portion of the front through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder and then scored two lines above that with my Scor-Pal. This left room at the top to add the two butterflies and sun stamped images. Images were colored with Copic makers. Layers were cut with the Nestabilities scalloped and plain square dies. Depending on the occasion, I will add a stamped sentiment inside.

(White paper, stamped images, Nestabilities and Copic markers can all be ordered for you by me.)

2 comments:

M@ureen said...

Ohhh Vicki this is so adorable, LOVE IT!!!

Lynette said...

This card is so cute, Vicki! I love your coloring, and I also love the butterflies and the sun stamped on the base layer.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...