Monday, March 16, 2009

YOU HAVE TO LOVE MAGNOLIA STAMPS


A few weeks ago I had a customer from the Netherlands. She has a blog page which I checked out and she had some wonderful cards made with Magnolia stamps. I commented on them because I had just received some stamp offs from another friend/group member/customer. When I told Maureen I had just become "acquainted" with these designs, she very kindly offered to send me some stamp offs. These are two of the designs she sent me.
I thought this would make a cute card for Newlywed's First Anniversary. The "kids" are colored with Copic CIAO markers. The sun is a Penny Black stamp (a company where I order items for customers) and the fence is a Martha Stewart Punch. I sponged some green onto the bottom of the card for some grass and some light blue (which is hard to see) for the sky.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Really cute, Vicki! You did such an awesome job of coloring them!!

M@ureen said...

I like the card Vicky but you already knew that ;-)

If you like more stamp offs you only have to email me and I'm going to send you some more!

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...