Thursday, July 9, 2009

BIRTHDAY CUPCAKE

Since I haven't been posting as regularly as I like, I am adding another card which is very easy to make.

I dry embossed the cupcake with a stencil from Lasting Impressions. As you can see I used separate colors for each portion of the cupcake. I pieced the shapes together and adhered them to a circle which had been made with a Marvy Uchida scalloped circle punch and run my through my Cuttlebug. The white layer was also done with a Cuttlebug folder and then mounted on a "Seaside" Lasting Impressions card stock.

The nice thing about paper piecing with dry embossed shapes is that you don't have to color anything and the card can be assembled very quickly.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow Vicki! What a great card! I love the embossed scalloped circle - awesome idea! I'll have to remember that.

Jean said...

Hi Vicki. Love your card. Really enjoy paper pieced embellishments and mostly use them in scrapbook layouts but like how you've done the same with the birthday card. Cheers!

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...