Thursday, October 1, 2009

BEWITCHING

It is so hard to believe that it is already October 1!!!! Where has the year gone???


This was such a fun card to make since it was totally different than anything I had ever done before. A friend of mine (Georgia) made a card last year and I cased her idea. She layered her card differently and a little more striking than this one but I was pleased with how this turned out.

Using a white cardstock from Lasting Impressions, I started by inking the moon. I used yellow ink (obviously) and a stiff brush to apply it -- always starting in the center of the moon and gradually working my way out so as to give a fading of the color. When I was satisfied with the size of the moon, I sponged turquoise ink all over the rest of the white front and then added a little more darker blue by sponging it here and there.

The witch from Inkadinkadoo and the trees from the SU set "Lovely as a Tree" were added using VeraFine Onyx Black Ink. I mounted this piece onto a yellow cardstock and then onto the Tempting Turquoise paper from SU.

Thank you Georgia for coming up with the original card you made to give me a wonderful idea to case!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Such a fun card! I've resisted this stamp set for way too long.

Lynette said...

This card turned out so beautifully, Vicki! Great job!!

marcelle schauer said...

I just met you on the blog hop at Crop Stop, nice site you have here. Your cards are delightful. Let me encourage you to make a card from the Spellbinders pendant series, they are so much fun, a bit of work pulling them out of the die but oh so worth it. If you get a chance you can visit me at CPCmag.com, I write a the Daily devotional, we have some great designers over there also, come meet us if you like. Thank you for leaving a comment today, have a happy card making day.
Marcelle at Stamping Thyme

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous image, Vicki! Love it! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...