Monday, November 16, 2009

THINKING OF THANKSGIVING

Over the next few days I will be showing you some of the Thanksgiving cards I made. I intended to post one yesterday but since I didn't get it done, you get two today. Many will be similar but just a little different layout to show how you can change the look of a card using the same supplies.

Several weeks ago I saw this fabulous sheer ribbon with the beautiful fall leaves on it after my car made that fatal left turn into Michael's. On the first card, I put the ribbon over a strip of Weathered Nutmeg paper from Lasting Impressions and then tore the right edge of the paper. Next I mounted that strip onto the Weathered Sunflower paper from Lasting Impressions. The stamped sentiment on the front is from Paper Inspirations. I love their vertical stamps and they have such a wide variety of sentiments on them.

The seond card is also made with Weathered Sunflower paper. This time I took the ribbon and mounted a piece of Snickerdoodle (off white) paper from Lasting Impressions that was the exact same width under it to give the leaves move color. On both of these cards, the ribbon was tucked under the strip of paper and fastened with tape, then attached to the card front using 3M double sided tape. The design on the second card is "Lil Turkey" from Whipper Snapper Stamps. I love their cute designs. The image was colored with my Copic CIAO markers and then cut with the Labels One die. The next two layers were also cut with the Labels One dies using the Weathered Sunflower and Weathered Nutmeg papers from Lasting Impressions.

Thanks for stopping by.............your comments are always welcome!

3 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

OMGosh, Vicki, these cards are gorgeous!!! Love that Thankgiving sentiment. Beautiful. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Jodie from Oz said...

Beautiful card Vicki, love the colours and the wonderful sentiment. Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Lynette said...

Great cards, Vicki!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!