Thursday, December 3, 2009

CHRISTMAS #2

I didn't get a card posted on Wednesday and yesterday I had two little grandchildren here for most of the day. Just before I went to bed last night I decided I wanted a posted entry to show up for December 3 but didn't add any description.

This card was specially made for our Yahoo Groups Alphabet Swap using the letter "G". In this case, "G" was for "Gems", "Glitter" and "Glitz".

The 5 1/2 inch lower edge of the car was punched using the new Martha Stewart Holly punch. With the green cardstock under the punched edge, I didn't want the berries to appear to be green so I added red Gems over each one.

I used my treasured Scor-Pal to add a couple of scored lines just above the holly edge. The Hero Arts stamped image was colored with Copic CIAO markers and then I added the Stickles Glitter Glue over the snowy line. For Glitz I layered the stamped image on red sparkly paper. (I'm not sure what the right name is for that kind of paper but it was from Archivers and I bought it around just before the 4th of July. It is a bit thicker than regular cardstock but really adds to a card.)

Thanks for stopping by.............comments are always welcome.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I love this card, Vicki! Everything about is so perfect!

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...