Friday, December 11, 2009

CHRISTMAS #9

When 12 ladies from our Yahoo Group got together last summer, one of the ladies (Andrea) gave me some beautiful ribbon. She showed me how to cut off the wired edge and use it as an added embellishment. Before adding the ribbon to the front of the card with double sided tape, the design on the ribbon was quite centered so I cut off an additional edge of the ribbon and made a ruffle with it by weaving thread through the one edge. I adhered that ruffle to a circle made of gold card stock. A small circle of the gold card stock was punched and added to the middle of the ruffle.

As a final touch to the embellishment, I took the wired edge which had been removed, curled it around a pencil and then twisted a couple of them together and affixed them under the medallion. The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed using Egyptian Gold Embossing Powder.

Thanks for stopping by..........I appreciate when you take a moment to leave comments......good or bad.

1 comment:

Sabrina Jackson said...

OMGoodness, Vicki, this is so BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love this idea...and let me tell ya', that ribbon looks gorgeous on your stunning card. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...