Tuesday, December 15, 2009

CHRISTMAS FOR OUR PASTOR


I always try to make a special card for the pastor of our church. I bought this stamp quite a while ago but then wasn't sure to do with it to really do it justice. With the help of Mary Dew Lee at Serendipity Stamps she got my juices flowing.
The background is done using a Tim Holtz tool to apply Broken China Ink and Brushed Corduroy Ink. I then stamped the Three Wisemen on the stamp with SU Chocolate Chip Ink. I cleaned the stamp and then stamped the Star with VersaMark so I could heat emboss it with Egyptian Gold embossing powder. (After I did this in two steps, I realized this could have all been done at once - sure wasn't thinking.)
To carry through with the gold, I mounted the stamped piece onto gold metallic paper and trimmed it for a very narrow edge just to make the image pop. This was then mounted onto the main card which had been embossed with one of the newer Cuttlebug folders. It still needed a little something so I took the Broken China Ink and just ever so lightly went over the embossed image that was showing. Then I was satisfied.

Inside I used another Serendipity stamp "And Wisemen Still Seek Him".

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Wonderful card, Vicki! I love the background and the stamp. The star is great. I also really like the embossed background.

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...