Saturday, January 16, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Today I was just playing around with some of my punches. I had this white piece of cardstock that was 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 cut from some other project. I had already used the Martha Stewart Fancy Deep Edge Punch along the long edge of the paper and put it aside a few days ago.

I had purchased the Happy Birthday Punch for the top edge of a card but not used it yet, so I just decided to experiment with it on the top edge but unsure as to whether I could get two punches on the paper for future use. It worked!

Now what to do with the middle section. I could stamp some flowers across it or some candles, but decided to take one of the Cuttlebug border folders and embossed the flower design.

The white piece was then adhered to a plain piece of Lasting Impressions "Cotton Candy" card stock. When needed, I will stamp an appropriate message inside or just write my own message.

The experimental piece of paper actually turned out OK and was usable. :) Thanks for stopping by...........please come back again soon.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Very cool, Vicki! It's always fun when we can use our "experiments." Great punches.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Vicky, this is so gorgeous looking!! I think I need to have that deep border punch on the bottom....looks so good!! Oh my, my Birthday wishlist is getting longer and longer :D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...