Wednesday, January 13, 2010

MORE USE OF BUTTONS

I have such a supply of buttons that it was time to use some more of them with the "Everyday Button Bits" from Paper Trey. I saw a card similar to this somewhere on the Internet and decided to case it. I don't like mine quite as well as the one I used for a sample, but it will do.

The patterned paper is from Paper Trey "Everyday Blessings" pad. The ribbon is also from Paper Trey. I'm not sure about the buttons, but the color matched the paper so well that I may have gotten them from PT as well. I love the color. The colored layer is Wild Wasabi from SU.

The first thing I did was to cut the circles for the buttons to be added. One was with a punch and the two smaller ones were made using the smallest Classic Circle Nestabilities. Buttons were attached with glue dots. I then took a piece of off white paper and stamped the tree trunks and the "grass". I carefully measured the piece of paper and penciled marks where I wanted to cut the margins. The rest of the top of the card is pretty self-explanatory.

After mounting the pieces to the top of the card, I scored the bottom portion of the card in 1/2" increments horizonally and vertically.

Two things I would change:
1. I stamped the sentiment on the ribbon and adhered it to the center of those squares formed by scoring. I should have left a blank area for the ribbon because it made the ribbon appear to be scored too.
2. I think I would have used white as the background and card base. I was working at night and now that it is daytime I can see that the patterned paper has white in it - not off white.

Thanks for stopping by...........please come back again soon!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty! Great idea to stamp on the ribbon.

Barbara said...

The card is so pretty and a great use of the buttons!

Barb

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...