Tuesday, January 26, 2010

PENNY BLACK STICKER

So many times I get caught at the last minute where I need a card. I purchased several sheets of these Penny Black stickers and I just love them for quick and easy cards. This is one I made and sent to a friend, Nancy, for our group's color swap.

Card base is Paper Trey off white card stock which I ran through the Cuttlebug. I adhered the sticker to a piece of cardstock and then trimmed it down to give the sticker more body so that the embossing on the front of the card wouldn't come through. Three blue gems from Hero Arts were added and I was done.

I believe you can make some beautiful cards to send without having to go through a lot of work and embellishing. What are your thoughts?

Thanks for coming by...........please come back again soon.

5 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Vicky, what a gorgeous card!!! I never knew Penny Black had such beautiful stickers!! Stunning card!!!Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Vicky, this is so beautiful, I LOVE getting your posts sent to my email and seeing your beautiful cards nearly every evening, keeps me so inspired! Thanks for sharing them.

Holly

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki! I would have never guessed that was a sticker.

Michele Kovack said...

I would not have known that your image was a sticker! It looked stamped to me! Beautiful card! And creating it fast is a bonus!

Harriet Skelly said...

This is beautiful Vicki! I have a few Penny Black stickers that I need to use! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs, Harriet

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...