Tuesday, February 9, 2010

HERO ARTS ENGRAVED FLOWER

Today's design is another of the new Cling Stamps (CG141) from Hero Arts. This stamp is totally different than anything I had so I wanted to give it a try. I stamped one in black, one in SU Perfect Plum and this several like this one in SU Chocolate Chip. I tried coloring a couple of the other ones using chalks and was not real pleased with the results so I decided to just leave it stamped with no additional shading.

The flower was cut out and mounted on a layer of off white card stock which had been run through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder. I then cut a layer of SU Chocolate Chip card stock and rounded the corners of both the off white and brown papers. The very front of the card was run through the CB using the D'vine Swirls embossing folder.

I like the results after all. What do you think? Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow! I love the flower! You showcased it perfectly, too.

Barb

Lynette said...

Great card, Vicki! I love all the textures, and that stamp is very pretty.

A few days ago I watched a video from  Karen Titus  using 1" squares.  I thought it would be fun to pull out some scraps from one of my...