Monday, February 8, 2010

USING OLD SUPPLIES

Today my goal was to make a card and to use a card in the Hero Arts catalog as my inspiration. In the process I was also able to use supplies that I have had here for way too long.

There is a new Hero Arts Silhouette Fern (K5314) which I thought about ordering a while back but then I realized I already have one very similar to it from Hero Arts.......just a little smaller. So using my old, ink-stained stamp, I added the design randomly to the card front. I didn't reink the stamp each time so that some would be slightly lighter.

Then I stamped the sentiment with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and mounted that piece on the SU Wild Wasabi card stock. The flower is made up of two layers of "Art Flowers" which just happened to be the right color and a matching brad to fasten the two together. I adhered the flower to the card using pop dots.

Old supplies used: Brad from Lasting Impressions, Flowers from Hero Arts, Retired stamp from Hero Arts

Thanks for stopping by................and please come back again soon.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki!

Barbara said...

Vicki, this is so pretty! I love the ferns, so warm!

Barb

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...