Saturday, March 27, 2010

EARLY HAPPY BIRTHDAY

If I don't send cards really early, cards tend to arrive late when I send greeting cards to friends. My friend, Joanne, is celebrating a birthday in early April so I sent her card and I don't believe she sees my blog so I am taking the chance that she won't see it here first. :)

I saw a card basically just like this on Hero Arts blog page or ideas and thought it was just beautiful. I was pulled in by the color of blue they used. The card base is actually a note card from Hero Arts with a white core inside. I stamped the front of the card using CG139 Cling Dots and VersaMark ink. The design was stamped with K5358 Floral Scallop from H.A.

I colored the design using Copic CIAO markers. It was easy to color the narrow scallops with the tip and stay in the line, but I carried the color outside the line a bit so that when I cut it out there would be no sign of a white edge.

Before attaching it to the front of the card, I made a bow and tied the ends around the stamped design. Tiny pearls from HA were added to most of the flower and then a sprig of leaves that I cut with a Sizzix die.

Hope you like the card as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by!

(P.S. If you would like any of the items from Hero Arts, let me know and I'll be happy to get them for you at my regular discount.)

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Beautiful, Vicki! Such pretty colors and great stamp. I can't believe Joanne doesn't read your blog!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...