Monday, March 22, 2010

MORE RED AND WHITE

Today I took some time to make a card using a new stamp I got from Hero Arts. First I stamped the background with the Hero Arts Shadow Ink "Soft Brown" on the front of a white card base. The background was a little darker than I thought but turned out alright in the end.

Then I stamped the Dogwood flowers over the background using Tuxedo Black and colored it in with Copic CIAO markers. I finished it off by using Inkssentials "Glossy Accents" on the centers of the flowers to give a little dimension. I'm not sure if the shine shows in the picture.

At this point I felt the card was just too plain even though the card I was copying was all done on the front of a white card. So I cut it down and mounted it on the Real Red cardstock from SU and was much happier with the end result.

If you like what you see, I can get the stamp, inks, Glossy Accents and markers for you. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki! Love those flowers.

Harriet Skelly said...

Another gorgeous card Vicki!! I love those flowers!

Sheri said...

That is a stunning card Vicki. Love the background - it gives it so much character

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...