Monday, April 19, 2010

BUTTERFLIES


These two cards were made with a new stamp I bought at a great store in Branson, MO. The butterflies are sitting on what I think is Queen Anne's Lace?
For the first card I chose the turquoise paper from SU. I colored the image with Copic markers using 3 complimentary colors on the butterflies and green for the leaves. Since I had embossed the image with Egyptian Gold embossing powder I simply added some Gold Stickles to the centers of the foliage. I immediately remembered that I have the Cuttlebug folder with that same design and embossed the front of the card with it before adhering the image.
I made the second card into a gate fold which I rarely remember to do. The butterflies were colored to give more of a " Monarch" butterfly look. This time I used Crystal Stickles on the foliage. Papers used for the card and panels on the folds are Lasting Impressions Terra Cotta.
Thanks for stopping by..............please come again soon.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Both of these cards are so pretty, Vicki! I love the colors on both of them. Perfect embossed background, too!

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!