Friday, April 23, 2010

FLOWER BOUQUET

Here is another stamp I purchased from SCRAPBOOKING FOREVER, BRANSON, MO. This stamp is from Magenta. When I saw it I knew it was one I would enjoy coloring and it can be used for several different occasions.

The card base is the off white paper from Paper Trey. The off white "lace" piece on the left side of the card is from a 12" Spellbinders die. I love that I can still use the 12" die in my Cuttlebug and just cut a portion of the design.

Before attaching the Spellbinders die cut, I made a light pencil mark so I would know how much of the card front I wanted to run through the CB with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.

Since I wasn't going to mount the stamped layer on another color of cardstock I lightly edged that piece with an ink pad that closely matched the pink in the design which I had colored with my Copic markers. Using Crystal Stickles, I dotted the center of the two flowers and the little "filler" around the flowers. I'm not sure if you can see the glitter but I really like the end result. Final touch was to round the corners on the right edge of the flower layer and the card base.

I'll be having two little grandchildren - ages 4 and 2 - here over the weekend so not sure when I'll get to post again.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my, Vicki, this is such a beautiful CAS card!!! Love the embossing and your fabulous coloring, WOW! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Sheri said...

Such a beautiful card, Vicki. Love the folders you used and your coloring is so perfect.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...