Monday, May 24, 2010

TIME TO SHINE - Version #2

For today's card, I used that same Hero Arts stamp to make a background of stars on a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of white card stock by heat embossing it with Egyptian Gold embossing powder. Then I cut it in half. I embossed only the lower half of the card with the Sizzix embossing folder and then adhered the star strip to the upper half.

Using Labels 7 from Spellabinders, I cut the black and the gold layers. I stamped the sentiment on white card stock using black this time because I liked it better than in the gold - it reinforced the black layer I had cut.

This is a card that could easily be done in school colors to make it more personal.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my latest addition............come back again soon!

1 comment:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Vivki, I am so sorry I have not been here in a while...still trying to play catch up. Your Graduation card looks awesome!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...