Wednesday, July 14, 2010

CONE FLOWER


One of my favorite blogs to visit is Selma's Stamping Corner. Today's card is a case of one she made a couple of months ago. She was very kind to post a second card and showed the items she used to make the card.

On my card I used the same basic design but turned my card horizonally and embossed the card base using the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls.

The Label 1 was used to cut the SU Petal Pink paper. The white squares were cut using a Cuttlebug embossing die. The petals of the flower were made using the SU small oval punch and sponged with Petal Pink chalk on white card stock. The black center of the flower was cut using black paper from Lasting Impressions and the smallest Plain Petite Oval and then using just a portion of it. Leaves were stamped on SU Wild Wasabi paper using leaves from a Heartfelt Creations stamp set.

Hope you have a great day..........it's going to be near 100 degrees here today so for me it's an exceptionally good day to stay inside and make cards. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I love cone flowers and this one is amazing! Beautiful card.

Barb

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow Vicki - as you know I absolutely love this!

Selma said...

Vicki your card is beautiful. This was a fun card to make, wasn't it. Happy I could give you some inspiration. Thanks for the link to my blog.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...