Thursday, July 22, 2010

SPELLBINDERS DAISY

Last night I decided to make another flower but using yellow vellum. I cut two of the largest ones and one each of the medium and small sizes. The layers were put together using Glossy Accents as the adhesive because it dries so quickly. Once the black button was put in the middle, I flipped the petals up. What is nice about vellum is that even though these will be flattened out when mailing the card is that they will pop back up when removed from the envelope.

The card base was run through the Cuttlebug with my ever faithful Swiss Dots embossing folder. The patterned papers are from the Basic Grey "Origins" 6 x 6 paper pad.

I always appreciate the comments that you leave on my posts. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my word, Vicki, this is spectacular!!! I love, love, love this vellum flower....so GORGEOUS!!! I'll have to send you my address ;D;D;D. Thanks for sharing this beauty!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so pretty, love this and the card you made last night. I hope you will be getting these new daisies and the posey dies in.

Sheri said...

WOW! Love it. In fact I loved yesterdays so much that I took my coupon and now have the daisy nesties myself! Thanks for the idea

Selma said...

Another beauty Vicki. Love it.

Lynette said...

So pretty, Vicki - I really love that flower! I love the layout you used, too.

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...