Wednesday, August 11, 2010

BIRTHDAY GIRL & ANNIVERSARY CARD

OK.....it's been long enough since I posted. Yes, we did have grandchildren here Wednesday through part of Sunday. We took them home on Sunday for a birthday party. Here's the birthday girl! She is such a sweetie and such a fun little girl!
Today's card is one I made a few weeks ago, but had to hold off until the card reached my friend Joanne and her husband for their anniversary. I sent it early but was afraid it would be late if I didn't send it yesterday. She has received it so it is now safe to show.

Stamps used on the card are all from Hero Arts. The background is Cling Stamp - Hero Arts CG153 Dandelion Frame. I stamped it with a Tim Holtz Distress Ink. Using a cotton ball, I rubbed some light brown chalk over the stamped background to soften the look. I also added a little pink chalk and I think some yellow too.
The three images on the front were stamped with wood mounted stamps - Hero Arts G5311 Silhouette Spray (the ones on the left and right side) and Hero Arts H5312 Silhouette Burst. I can order any or all of these stamps for you if you are interested and at a discount.
The sentiment is also from a retired Hero Arts stamp.
The entire image was then mounted on a Weathered Black cardstock from Lasting Impressions. I added a dragonfly from a K & Company package of butterflies and dragonflies.
I really liked the way this card came out and hope you enjoy it too. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Love this card!! those images look so real!! almost better than if you'd used dried flowers!!
I'd be more tempted if they came unmounted, or cling mount.....trying not to buy wood mounted....not doing a very good job, as you know!
Is there some way to keep the chalk from smudging.....do you use a sealant or anything?

Sheri said...

The birthday girl is getting so big. Where does the time go? I love your card. The chalking really sets it off. Great job

Anonymous said...

I soooo love your dandelion card. Being fairly new to card making I haven't attempted this type of technique yet - I don't want to put myself off before I get rightly started! TFS.

Mary MacB

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Mary, I don't know if you will see this or not, but the technique on this is extremely easy. Please feel free to email me at vboddicker@aol.com if you see this message and are interested.

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...