Monday, August 23, 2010

FOR MY FRIEND

I saw a card similar to this somewhere and loved the layout and the way it was done. I saved a picture of it and wish I could give credit to the person who made the original card. There are several differences in the way I made it so that it isn't an exact copy. My sister used to make a few cards but is much more interested in quilting and she gave me two paper stacks. The pink paper was in one of the stacks and worked perfect for me.

The card base is white. I cut a strip of the polkadot paper and adhered it to the top edge. I then took a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch piece of white card stock and used a MS punch to trim the top edge. The white layer was still a little too long so it was trimmed to fit the space I wanted to use. Scor lines were added and then narrow bands of the pink paper between some scored lines. Butterflies were all from MS punches.

Thanks for stopping by!

(Differences from the card I cased: Different punch on the top, punched butterfly in the center of the card instead of a stamped butterfly and scored lines under the butterfly instead of embossed dots. I wasn't sure how she had embossed dots in that small of an area unless they were done with a stencil.)

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Vicki - this card is SOOOO pretty!!! I love the pink and all of the white.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Goodness, Vicki, this is GORGEOUS!!! Love all of the white and the touch of pink...beautiful!! I so need that big monarch butterfly ;D!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Harriet Skelly said...

OMG Vicki this is gorgeous - I love this layout and the colors! I think I'll have to case this one!

Sheri said...

oh so pretty. Love the soft colors. The punch really adds to it

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!