Monday, August 30, 2010

MICHELLE ZINDORF CLASS

As I said on Saturday, I was very excited about having the opportunity to take this class. I'm not aware that a class of this calibur has ever been offered this close to where I live and it was in the town where one of our daughters lives so I even got to have lunch with Jennifer.
There were two sessions. The Beginners Class was from 10:00 - 1:00. The Advanced Class was from 2:30 - 6:00. The time just flew by. When I saw the samples of the cards we were going to make my first thought was "I wish" and only hoped to attain something close to her samples. However, Michelle guides the classes through step-by-step and makes at the same time.
We had listen closely to the instructions and I had a couple "oops" along the line. She laughed and said she might have to move me up to the table with her. :)
This is Michelle Zindorf (instructor) and Jo Meyer (hostess for the class)

I had to prove that I was actually there and had my picture taken with Michelle.

Michelle introducing herself and telling us about our morning class.

Michelle explaining the technique to use when brayering the ink.

The affect we were going to aim for on our first card.

Our first card

Our second card

Our third card
AFTERNOON CARDS (BELOW)
First Card

Second Card

Third Card
These classes were some of the most fun I've had making cards in a long time. Hope you enjoy seeing what I had the pleasure of doing yesterday. And I hope some of you have the opportunity to take a class from her someday.

5 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Vicki - I am so glad you got the opportunity to take Michelle's classes. Your cards are all gorgeous! You were a good student!!

Char said...

I am so glad you got a chance to go to one of Michelle's classes. I hosted one in May but I never did post the cards or photos that I took on my blog. Good for you in getting yours done!!

Can't wait to hear more!!

Lynette said...

Looks like an awesome class, Vicki! I'm so glad you got to attend. Now we can have two "tutors" in June!

Kim Burmeister said...

Holy Moly, Vicki! Your cards are wonderful! Love all the pics you took. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Those are pretty awesome cards.
~ Connie

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...