Thursday, August 5, 2010

"O" is for Owl

This months Alphabet Swap on our Yahoo Group was the letter "O". We have started sending cards and leaving them blank so the recipient of the swap can feel free to actually use the card.

For this card I ran the card base through the CB using the folder that looks a little like wood grain. The brown panel is from a piece of 12 x 12 scrapbooking paper. I put it onto the card base.

The stamped design was made using the squirrel and branch from one clear set of stamps and an own from another set. Copics were used for coloring. Stamped images and sentiment were mounted on SU green cardstock which had been cut with the Long and Narrow Rectangles.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to have another card for you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anne Harada said...

I am enjoying your blog Vicki! Your "O"wl card is delightful!! Thanks for following over on my blog!! Nice to meet a new friend!
Hugs,
Anne

Harriet Skelly said...

Vicki this is adorable!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Vicki, this is so CUTE!!!!! I love that owl and squirrel...makes me think of back home in Germany...we lived right by the woods and saw owls and squirrels all the time. Here in Southern AZ I have yet to see a squirrel or real owl for that matter. The only owls I see are the plastic ones people put on their walls in the backyard to scare off pigeons ;D. Have a great weekend!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Ayana Posadas said...

Ohh... such a cute, cute, cute owl card! So fun and cheerful! :)

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...