Sunday, August 22, 2010

WISHING YOU WELL

I'm afraid I've been reading a lot lately and neglecting making new cards. Since I do have some cards with the Penny Black stickers yet, I am using one of them. These don't take a lot of talent to put something together, but I do think they make very pretty cards to send.

The card base is actually some that I have had for years. It has slight flecks of darker color in it and is very pretty. I mounted the sticker on off white card stock and trimmed the edges for a frame of it to show. Crystal glitter was added to the centers of the flowers.

The butterfly is also a sticker but I wanted to pop it so I traced around it onto some off white card stock and then trimmed it slightly smaller than the sticker. A little glitter was added to the wings of the butterfly and I mounted it to the card.

A nice space was left at the bottom to stamp "wishing you well" which is a stamp from Hero Arts.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Annie said...

What a pretty card that makes Vicki!!
Glad you are getting some time to relax, you've more than earned it!
What are you reading?

Sheri said...

So pretty Vicki. Aren't these stickers fun to work with? They make such a elegant but easy card. What are you reading?

Lynette said...

So pretty, Vicki! Great ideas, great design. I'm glad you're getting some reading time, but don't forget about card-making! :)

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...