Wednesday, September 15, 2010

IN MY THOUGHTS

I got the idea for this on SCS. My recent SU order included the owl punch. I loved the way she had made the two owls looking at each other. I had seen several cards made using it and thought it was kind of a fun way to make these little cuties.

The card base is a Bazzill variety pack of green papers. I cut the 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper into two 4 1/4 x 11 inch pieces and then folded it in half. The right edge of the front was cut down and then punched with the corner punch to make the scallops. I wanted the scallop to show so I inked the edge of the scallops with VersaColor Evergreen ink.

The owl bodies were punched using SU Chocolate Chip paper. Basic Grey papers from the "Origins" 6 x 6 paper pad were used for the dark green scalloped piece and for the rest of the pieces. Instead of trying to work with very tiny black punches for the eyes, I just used my Sharpie pen.

Other than the placement of the owls, I did make changes to the design that I had seen on SCS. There will definitely be more cards made with these.........I not only love the owls but have to make the punch pay for itself. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

((Note: I had actually intended this post to be for September 16 but accidentally hit the publish button before remembering to "schedule" it...........so just pretend. :) ))

3 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Vickie, this is absolutely adorable, love it!

Ann Schach said...

Very cute! Love the colors!

Lynette said...

I can pretend this was published on Thursday:) Another great card. What a cute punch.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...