Wednesday, September 8, 2010

SURPRISE!!!!

Well, what started off to be an attempt to make an anniversary card turned into a very early Valentine card.

The red paper is from a Kaisesrcraft paper pad "Shaken Not Stirred" collection. I cut the piece to fit on a white card base. I doubt if you can see it but the red paper has a very nice shiney design on it. The two white hearts were cut with the Spellbindes dies. The two leafy branches were cut with a Sizzix die (I think from SU). Owls are from the SU "Animal Stories" stamp set. Little red hearts on the owls are from Hero Arts.

All went well to this point. I was hoping to find a tiny anniversary stamp in my stash of stamps -- no such luck. So I decided that I now have my first Valentine for 2011 done already.

(The tiny red hearts are something I can get for you through Hero Arts if you are interested. The package has red, two shades of pink and white hearts in it.)

Thanks for stopping by and seeing my accidental results. :)

6 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

What a cute card, Vicki!!! I love those two owela sitting on that branch. I sure would have used it as an Anniversary card ;D Hugs, Sabrina

Annie said...

Cutest accident I've ever seen!!

Sheri said...

Isn't it fun to create something so unexpected? Love your valentine and before you know it you will be putting it into an envelope and sending it off.

Ann Schach said...

Very cute! Nothing like getting a head start on Valentine's Day!

Lynette said...

Cute card, Vicki! And congrats for getting started on 2011 cards already - even if it was an accident! Accidents can lead to positive things:)

Selma said...

Very Cute Vicki.

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...