Wednesday, October 6, 2010

CANDY CORN HALLOWEEN

I saw some cards recently made with a stamped candy corn design.  (Repeat Impressions is the company who was selling the stamp on the card I am casing.)  The stamp had several pieces of candy corn on it but in my stash I had a stamp with just one single "kernel" on it.  (My stamp is from Darcie's) I randomly stamped the piece several times across the bottom of a card. 

One of the cards I saw used a strip of orange ric rac.  Not too long ago I purchased a Papertrey Ink die that looks like ric rac so I cut an orange strip from card stock and attached it.  Then all I had to do was stamp the scary "Happy Halloween" sentiment.

(NOTE:  I may be without a camera for a few days since the little door on the bottom of my camera that holds the memory card and battery in has broken off.  A rubber band holding it in place just doesn't quite do it.  So if I miss some days without posting cards, you'll know what happened.  I'm hoping it can be fixed.)

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Annie said...

This is cute!! I wasn't going to get that candy corn stamp but after seeing your card, I think I might after all.

Can you scan cards using the printer til your camera is fixed? I hope you can fix it!

Ann Schach said...

This is adorable, Vicki! The candy corn is so sweet! A wonderful CAS design!

Sheri said...

Very cute and who doesn't like candy corn? Very creative with the rick rack, Vicki, it adds a great touch to your card

Barbara said...

Yep, it's October and all things Halloween are haunting the blogosphere! Your cards are spooktacular --- hee hee!

Barb

Lynette said...

Cute card, Vicki! Nice case of Julie's card.

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...