Thursday, October 28, 2010

COLOR SWAP CARD #2

Yesterday I was definitely "under the weather" so my day was spent on the couch but today I'm back at it and wanted to share the second Color Swap Card I made and this time sent it to my friend, Joyce, who was my swap partner for this exchange.

I made a different card for her.  I embossed the front of the card with a Sizzix folder and then added a strip of SU Wild Wasabi card stock that had been embossed with one of the Cuttlebug border folders.  The flower was stamped with one of the stamps from the SU Terrific Tulips set using Tempting Turquoise and Wild Wasabi markers for the colors.  It was mounted on a scrap piece of Tempting Turquoise card stock.  I also happened to have some gems that were just the right color to add a little pizzaz.

Thanks for stopping by!  Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I love this card with the two different embossings, and the colors are great!!

Sheri said...

Oh now this is a card worth waiting for! Very pretty. I am sure Joyce will love it!

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Vicki! I love the embossing!

Lynette said...

Very pretty - love the tulip! I love the embossing, too!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...