Sunday, October 31, 2010

NEVER TOO SOON FOR CHRISTMAS IDEAS

I know today is Halloween, but if you make your own Christmas/Holiday cards, it isn't too soon to start.  Today's card started by embossing the front of the off white card with a Cuttlebug folder. 

A 2" x 4 1/4" red strip of card stock was added over the middle designs.

A piece of off white card stock was stamped with the holly design from Hero Arts and colored with Copic markers.  Placing a ruler along the lower edge of the design so that some of the leaves would extend beyond, I used a craft knife to cut up close to the design edges and finished with my craft scissors.  The same procedure was used for the top edge of the design.

After attaching the stamped design layer to the red card stock, I placed Queen & Co."Cherry Red" pearls for the berries.  The pearls can be purchased from Creating Everlasting Memories.

If you are interested in the other materials for this card, let me know.  THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY!

4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Wow! This is fabulous! I love that folder!

Harriet Skelly said...

Vicki this is such and elegant and beautiful Christmas card. I love how the leaves are cut out in some places!

Sheri said...

Vicki That is absolutely one of the most beautiful Christmas cards I have seen.

Lynette said...

So, so pretty, Vicki! I love your awesome cutting. Fabulous stamp, too!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...