Friday, November 12, 2010

FLOWERS IN A TEAPOT

Today's card was made using papers from a Basic Grey 6 x 6 paper pad.  I love the way they make all the papers coordinate so well.   Recently we were on vacation and spent a few days in Branson, MO.  There is a great stamp store there - Stampbooks Forever - so if you are ever in Branson, be sure to check it out.

I purchased the teapot stamp there and it has a design showing where to place stamped flowers.  They also carry the punches to go along with the stamp.  I purchased the punches as well but feel these are just a little too big or maybe if the flowers were in a lighter color they wouldn't be so overpowering.

I stamped the design with VersaMark and then heat embossed them using Egyptian Gold EP.  After coloring the leaves with a Copic Marker, I actually cut the design out after I had added all the flowers and extra punched leaves.  (When I started the design I didn't know if I was going to leave it on a white cardstock background or cut it out.)  I used the SU punch for the photo corners.

Later this month, I'll be sending this card to my sister-in-law.  I am very sure she doesn't see this page so it should be OK that I'm posting it now. 

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!  Please come back again soon.

1 comment:

Ann Schach said...

What a beautiful and unique card! I am sure that you sister-in-law will love it!

Since this pack of dsp was still on my table, I decided to try another layout that was something I don't think I had done before.  Once ...