Friday, December 10, 2010

NOEL

Quite a few years ago our small town went to recycling paper, plastics, glass, metal, cardboard etc.  At first it was a real pain and inconvenient because we had to take the items to a drop off point.  Then we went to six bins on a rolling cart at our house for pick-up.  Now we have just two and it has become more and more easy to do.  It has become second nature.  I even recycle items from my mother's home now too.  I guess that "waste not, want not" saying has come home to roost on me.

This is the first year that I decided to go even more "green" and I took parts from cards that I had received and recycled items from them onto my own homemade cards.  These beautiful, sparkly letters were on a card so I trimmed them off and popped them onto a card I wanted to send.  Then I added some tiny red gems to brighten up the green card stock.  Easy peasey!

It's amazing what you can do with parts off of the store-bought cards you receive.  Give it a try sometime and help save a tree.  :)  And if you have any other great ideas for recycling, leave a comment. 

THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY!  Hope your holiday preparations are going well!

3 comments:

Annie said...

What a nice card!! I keep thinkin I should SAVE my cards......but really, why!
I have been using the larger cards to make small boxes to put home made fudge in, I line it with parchment paper, and its not too big, just right for one person.....
Annie

Ann Schach said...

I love your idea of "recycling" cards! This is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! ~Connie

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...