Tuesday, February 15, 2011

EMBOSSED FLOWERS

Our Yahoo Group of ladies has a card swap for later this month to use embossing - dry embossing or using embossing paste.  I have a large collection of brass stencils that have gotten pretty lonely in the closet.  Yesterday I made a card that has been set aside for that swap but I enjoyed doing it so much I decided to emboss a few more pieces today.

The card base was embossed with the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls and although the bottom left corner looks blank it is fully embossed but for some reason the picture doesn't show it.  The papers are all from Lasting Impressions.  Their papers have a great white core so the pieces can be scuffed.   I had never used the colored papers on this card and I saw someone use them recently for a Valentine.  Her card was so pretty and I remembered having some of those colors.

Flowers were embossed, cut out and scuffed.  If you haven't ever done any dry embossing and would like to give it a try, I have many stencils still in their original package that I am clearing at $4.00 each.  Let me know if you would be interested.

Thank you for stopping by.................tell me what you think.

6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

I love the flowers, Vicki! Such a great spring card!

Lynette said...

So pretty, Vicki!! Nice embossing and papers.

Harriet Skelly said...

The flowers are so pretty with the blue gingham and green papers! What a beautiful design!

Sheri said...

very pretty

Carla said...

Vicki, your card is so beautiful!!! I love your stencil embossing, gorgeous flowers. I wouldn't of thought to cut them out. Fabulous. Hugs,

Shelly N. said...

Ooooo.....ahhhhhh!!!! I like this one. Very simple yet extremely elegant. Your blog is definitely in my blog reader.

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!