Friday, February 25, 2011

A NEW "TOY"

A few months ago I had the honor of being invited to be on a design team for Creating Memories in Time.  Since then I have been making cards with Quickutz dies for her store on eBay.  A few days ago I received a new toy to highlight for her.........the Lifestyle Letterpress.  When I opened the box I was a little intimidated because it was something completely different than I had ever used.

Today I took the time to see what I could do with it. The Lifestyle Crafts "Letterpress Starter Kit" can be purchased from Creating Memories in Time and is currently on sale.  The tool is great if you are wanting to make a quantity of one design but also makes great individual projects as well.  There are several YouTube videos that demonstrate how to use it which I found very helpful.  To see a variety of patterns that are available for the Letterpress go to Creating Everlasting Memories and then do a search for "Letterpress" for the various colors of ink and other designs which can be used.  For my first try, I was pretty pleased with the result.

The information with the Letterpress says you need an Epic 6 machine to run the plate through. It does also work with a Cuttlebug as I discovered on YouTube.

The designer paper I used is from the BasicGrey "Origins" 6 x 6 paper pad.  The butterfly was made using the Marvy Uchida Silhouette and Embossing Punch.  Black pearls from Hero Arts were added to the butterfly.

So have any of you used a Letterpress yet?  Let me know what you think......I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Very cool, Vicki! Looks like fun. Love the butterfly, too!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Vicki,
Thanks for your comment on my blog, I am so happy to visit yours! You have such a crisp and pretty style. This card is so beautiful with the happy colors and bold flourish. Love it!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Vicki, your card is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love that big flourish and amazing butterfly in combination with the Origins DP....stunning! Have a blessed weekend!! Hugs, Sabrina

Unknown said...

OOOh lovely Vicki - very nicely done!!!

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...