Friday, February 18, 2011

On Your Birthday

I have my friend Sheri (SHERI'S Fun With Paper) to "blame" for this card.  Our Yahoo card group is a bunch of very enabling stampers............but oh so much fun!  Sheri sent me a card recently with some designs that I had wanted for cards and she enclosed them in a card made with a similar set. 

PapertreyInk.com sells four sets of "seasonal" stamps and a die that cuts out the three windows in one single cut.  This card was made using the Spring set of stamps.  The first thing I did was to center the die on my card front and run it through my Cuttlebug.  I then stamped the sentiment and made the scored lines above and below the sentiment.

Next I placed the card front face down on an acrylic block and was able to attach the set of three stamps to the block through the cut out areas.  I wanted to make sure they were centered in each of the squares as close as possible.  The designs were stamped using SU Tempting Turquoise ink on a separate piece of paper measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/2". 

To attach the stamped image to the back side of the card front, I ran tape across the top edge of the inside fold and then carefully attached the stamped piece.  Additional tape was then added to attach the stamped layer.

Sheri, is only one of the enablers that I have.  There are so many wonderful artists making cards and I find myself "needing" a lot of new items from time to time.  :)

Thanks for stopping by..............would love to hear your comments.

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What a pretty card, Vicki! I love the color, and the windows! The score lines are the perfect touch!

Sheri said...

Super pretty! Glad I could "help" LOL I like the way you centered the birds. I will have to try that as I had difficulty with that

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!