Sunday, February 20, 2011

ORIENTAL LANTERN

Today's card is quite a bit different than any I've made before.  Recently I received some Webster Pages papers from Joans Gardens and I already had the Lantern die from Creating Everlasting Memories.  To purchase the lantern die which at this time is 75% off, click here:  (Rev-0158) "Lanterns" Die.   Even better I had purchased the Cuttlebug Oriental embossing folders bundle quite a while back. 

I trimmed one of the 6 x 6 papers to include an appropriate portion of the design.  A piece of the off white card stock was run through the Cherry Blossoms folder and a strip cut for the bottom of the card.  I ran a sponge which had been inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy).  I also sponged the distress ink around the edges of the dp.

The lantern was cut using Core'dinations papers and adhered to the front of the card.  The sentiment is from a set of Stampendous wood mounted stamps.

If you are interested in Tim Holtz products, let me know and I will order for you with my normal discount.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

How cute is this! I love the paper, as well as the die!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hi Vicki, I am sorry I have been MIA your last few posts, but life just gets i the way sometimes ;D. Please forgive me! I absolutely LOVE this beauty...reminds me of Japan where my family and I lived for 4 years while my DH was still active duty military...oh I miss Japan. I love all of those little details, the embossed BG, that yummy paper and that lantern die cut...WOW, just beautiful!! Thanks for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...