Saturday, February 12, 2011

ROSES FOR VALENTINES DAY

A few days ago I found the Cuttlebug 5 x 7 Brocade Window Embossing Plus folder on sale.  It arrived yesterday and I love it!  This card measures only 4 1/2" x 6 1/4" so I carefully centered the off white card stock in the folder.  Since I don't have envelopes for 5 x 7 cards, I scaled it down and I think it still looks pretty. 

After running the piece through the Cuttlebug, I put it on top of the card and placed the stamp itself right in the center.  Fortunately I was able to remove the embossed piece over the stamp.  By using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig I was able to stamp the image right where it needed to be.  I colored the roses with SU Cherry Cobbler and Mellow Moss markers.  (I think I would use the Real Red marker next time since the Cherry Cobbler is pretty dark.)

This would also make really pretty card for someone's anniversary so I will leave the inside blank for now and stamp it later with an appropriate sentiment.

Thank you for stopping by..............hope you come back again soon.

6 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

that is so beautiful, love your new embossing folder and the rose in the center is so perfect.

Harriet Skelly said...

This is beautiful Vicki! I have this embossing folder too and have to use it!!

Joanne said...

Talk about ELEGANT!!! This card is SO beautiful.....excellent work!

Lynette said...

This is SO pretty, Vicki!! Wonderful folder and great rose.

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely beautiful, Vicki!

Shelly N. said...

5 x 7 envelopes can be made easily. Try folding a square of pretty gift wrap around the card. Attach an address label to the front and away you go. I do it all the time with A2 cards too. Very decorative envelopes and great in the mail.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...