Wednesday, March 16, 2011

CONGRATULATIONS

The flourish I used on this card is larger than the one I used yesterday and I think it is so pretty.  The silver is a great ink to use on a dark colored card stock.  Once again, the card was made using the Quickutz/Lifestyle Crafts Letterpress.  You can buy supplies here:  Creating Everlasting Memories

We're still in a mess waiting for the carpet and other floor covering to be put down.  That is scheduled for next week on Thursday.  One of our daughters was so wonderful to paint the ceiling and walls for us last Saturday.  Because we had only natural light in the room and it was a cloudy day, there are some places that need to be touched up but we have plenty of time to do that. 

Hope to get some more cards posted in the meantime, but there are still things calling for attention.  :)  Thanks for coming by today!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

So pretty, Vicki! What a great idea to use the silver on a dark color. Good luck with your huge project!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Vicki, your card is simply stunning!!! I love the dark blue and silver color combo...wonderful!! Oh my goodness, what a huge project that is. I have to paint, but I have been REAL good putting it off, ask me to stamp any day, all day, but paint a room ceiling and walls, nope, not my kind of fun :D:D! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Mary said...

Vicki, both of your cards are gorgeous!

It sounds as though your updated living room will be all done by next week. I'm sure you are happy about that. :)

Mary

Harriet Skelly said...

I really love the silver on the dark card stock - so elegant!

Marge said...

This is very pretty, Vicki!!! Haven't tried darker paper with my LP yet!

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...