Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I WAS DISAPPOINTED - NOW IT'S BETTER

I love the SU Stamp Set "Inspired by Nature" and today I saw a card with the stamped images combined together like this.  I made my changes in the card itself by adding distressed ink to the background so the contrast of colors was not quite so stark.  After preparing the stamped layer for the card I knew I wanted to do something else so I punched the right hand side of the card front using a Martha Stewart punch and added a butterfly made with a Marvy Uchida punch which also embosses at the same time.

In looking at the picture on this blog page I'm disappointed in the distressed ink.  Maybe I added too much because on here it give a "dirty" appearance.  I also would have chosen a more delicate butterfly.

P.S. It is now a few minutes later. I simply was not satisfied with the first version so I changed the butterfly and like it better.  It also seems to go with the delicate border better as well.



If you have any suggestions for other changes, they would be most welcome!  Thanks for stopping by............be sure to stop back again soon!

5 comments:

Barbara said...

This card is gorgeous!! The coloring is perfect. I do like the smaller butterfly better, too. Wonderful work!

Harriet Skelly said...

What a beautiful design - I also like the second butterfly better!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

I like them both. I like to put a very thin complementing layer between the two layers, in this case, I might have put the pink between the white with the image and the beautiful green. Not a lot, just a hint of it peeking out, so as not to distract from but to pop the image. I tend to put too many layers on my cards though, lol.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was pretty great and then saw the second one. I like it better too. Was it also a MS punch? I love to see your cards. You always make such nice ones. Thanks so much. ~ Sandy.

Clare said...

Beautiful paper! Nice colors!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...