Thursday, April 21, 2011

PENNY BLACK Butterfly Suite

(NOTE:  When I posted this listing, the picture did not seem to show up on my page.  If you are not seeing the picture, click around under the "Y" of butterfly and it may bring the picture up for you.  I don't know why this is happening.)

Recently I purchased this new Penny Black stamp.  It was such a pretty design and I was hoping I could do it justice. 

The front of the card was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots but only a single row of the dots show.  The first time I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink but it seemed to be too dark when I tried to color it.  Then I tried a Hero Arts Shadow Soft Brown ink......and it was too light.  On my third try I went back to Memento and used Rich Cocoa.......and it was just right.  (Is this starting to sound like the story of Goldilocks and the 3 Bears?)

The image was then colored with Copic CIAO markers, the layer trimmed and the corners punched.  It was then added to a layer of  SU Wild Wasabi card stock with the corners punched as well.  After I had the layers added to the front of the card, I decided it needed just a little sparkle so I dotted the centers of the flowers and parts of the butterflies with my Quickie Glue Pen and sprinkled with Clear Glitter from Hero Arts.

(Supplies I can get for you:  Penny Black, Copic CIAO and Sketch markers and Glue Pens.)

Thank you for stopping by.............I'm sorry my posts have been so irregular lately. 

2 comments:

Barbara said...

This is a beautiful image and colored perfectly. Gorgeous card!

Lynette said...

Very very pretty, Vicki! (So weird about the picture not showing up.)

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...