Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WELCOME BABY

A few weeks ago Taylored Expressions had a contest for blog visitors to guess whether she is going to have a baby girl or a baby boy.  The winner was chosen at random from those who guessed that she is going to have a girl.   I was the very lucky winner and received several stamp sets from Taylored Expressions. 

One of the sets "Bringing Home Baby" has 23 stamps and is perfect for making a room card.  I've never made one before so this is my first attempt.  I'm still debating whether to add a sentiment below the rocking chair or write something to include with the card.

The set came at a perfect time because we have a newphew and his wife who just had their first child - a baby boy.  I seriously doubt they see my blog page so I decided to go ahead and post this.  I was excited to have completed my first room card.  I'd like to make two more and if I can find the right papers, I'd like to do some of it by paper piecing. 

So what do you think?  Thank you for stopping by my blog!

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

I think this is perfect just the way it is! It is so stinkin' cute and clever! LOVE it!

Lynette said...

I think it's very awesome, Vicki! I love the room you have created, and I'm sure the recipients will be very impressed!

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...