Sunday, June 12, 2011

BLOSSOMS AND BUTTERFLIES

This was supposed to be a quick and easy card but it ended up being plagued with problems and too MUCH longer than I had planned!  These paper are from a paper pad.  The flowered piece was attached to the card front and then I wanted to add the plain pink piece with punched edges on the top and bottom edges.  
 
There was just enough space to stamp "Happy Birthday" in between.  Trying to do things exactly right I pulled out my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and lined up the image from the clear sheet onto the pink dp.  I don't know what happened but it must have slipped because the stamped image ran completely into the punched edge.  NOT acceptable.

I cut a new pink dp and punched just the bottom edge - stamped the "Happy Birthday".  I thought I knew how much space I needed to allow so that it would be the right space above the sentiment because I had measured so carefully.  That didn't work.  There was too much space so I cut it off!!!
 
OK, so now I attached that piece and added a couple of  lines between the two papers with my Scor-Pal.  Now I'm feeling like it's going to happen.  The plan was to add some pink butterflies on the flowered dp but then the next problem......I notice a small smudge of black ink next to the"H".  I made it even worse by trying to use an eraser.  My favorite way to cover mistakes is using butterflies so now I'm having to change the color of butterflies to blue from the paper pad.  (Thank goodness for coordinating papers!)

Some glitter was added to the butterflies and they were attached to the card.  Card is finished...........WRONG!  Just when I'm feeling like this "easy peasy project" is finally finished, what do I see?  Somehow there is a big black smudge on the back of the card!!!  I'm ready to throw the card away because there is no way I can cover up this ugly smudge.  
 
Take a deep breath and chill......cut the front off and mount it on a new card base and quickly lay it aside before something else happens.  LOL   

Lesson learned?  Never give up on a project when you think it is ruined!  Thanks for coming by!

4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! By looking this gorgoeus card, no one would ever imagine what lurked beneath the butterflies! Beautiful...such a light and airy card!

Lynette said...

What a struggle on this "easy" card! But, it was well worth it - beautiful card, Vicki! See you in a few hours!

Newbie said...

I am soooo glad you stuck with it, Vicki! Its a beautiful card!! And it was so worth it!!!

Anonymous said...

I have had projects like this – sort of like a day when you fumble and drop things all day long for no apparent reason! Have heart – look at all the lovely cards you have created with such ease. . .not to worry! ~Linda

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...