Friday, July 1, 2011

CHRISTMAS IN JULY

It is stinking HOT here in Iowa today so I decided to try to cool off by showing you a card I have all ready for Christmas 2011. 

The card base is SU Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  I embossed a white piece of card stock with a Sizzix Snowflake embossing folder and then trimmed it down to slightly smaller than 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  This piece was attached to the front of the card base. 

The next layers are made from another strip of SU Cherry Cobbler and Merrymint AC Patterned Paper. 

Using a Lifestyle Crafts/Quickutz Ornament die I cut out a piece of double sided sticky paper.  I only removed one side of the paper and sprinkled the entire top with Hero Arts Prisma Glitter.

Next I used a Lifestyle Crafts Quickutz Reindeer using SU Chocolate Chip, SU Cherry Cobbler and a piece of gold shiny card stock.  I added glitter to the reindeer antlers (not sure I would do that again).  These pieces were assembled and then attached to the ornament.  I added clear gems to the collar to add some sparkle.  The finishing touch was a piece of red gross grain ribbon through the loop of the ornament.

If it is hot where you are, I hope you can look at this card and imagine a cooler temperature.  Tell me if it works.  Thank you for coming by!

The Quickutz dies are available at Creating Everlasting Memories
Hero Arts glitter can be ordered by emailing me. 

 

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Very cool Vicki! And yes, it did make me think of snow and cold :)

Lynette said...

This is a fabulous card, Vicki! Love the reindeer and putting it on the ornament was a great idea.

Joanne said...

This is a great job of creativity! LOVE that Reindeer...WELL DONE!
PS....BG *snow* melted here....LOL

A great way to use up sheets of your designer series papers is to do One Sheet Wonder patterns.  This one was a little different because you...