Saturday, July 2, 2011

PALS PAPER ARTS 100TH CHALLENGE - PPA 100

I very seldom post cards for challenges but decided that this technique was something new to me and I wanted to share it on the PPA 100 challenge.

One of our Yahoo Group swaps this month was to make a card using the Faux Wood technique.  I had never even heard of it.  My first thought was that I was going to pass.  The other day I finally gave in and gave it a try.  My first attempt met with laughter from my husband......and me shaking my head.  Our group organizer challenged me to give it a second try and I am so glad I did.

The background papers are some pieces from 12 x 12 dp that I had in my stash.  I don't know if I can fully explain the faux wood technique so if you are interested, I can send you a link to the instructions I followed on Split Coast Stampers.  I think mine turned out to look like "Cherry" wood.

The bird is a dimensional sticker and fit perfectly inside the frame.  The picture doesn't show it very well, but the "sticks" poking out from the nest are a metallic material that really matched the color of the frame.
 
Let me know what you think and consider giving this method a try -- it was fun.  Thank you for stopping by!

7 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow, Vicki - that looks like real wood! Great card!

Pam~ said...

This is sooo pretty! Your frame looks just like cherry wood ... gorgeous! Glad you decided to post this card and join in the fun at Pals Paper Arts!

Joanne said...

WOWZA...you really made this technique work for you! The frame looks PERFECT! Kudos to you for trying it again!

Harriet Skelly said...

Great job with that technique Vicki! The frame really does look like cherry wood!!

Sheri said...

Very nice and it does look like wood!

Barbara said...

Vicki, I think you did a fantastic job with the wood! It is gorgeous! Yes, you should do more challenges. You are very talented and I have you grow in your skills and degree of difficulty! More people should see your work!

Linda Fisher said...

So glad you gave this technique another try...it looks so REAL. I saw this on Splitcoast, I may have to give it a try after seeing how pretty yours turned out! Very Pretty!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!