Friday, August 26, 2011

QUICK AND EASY Thinking of You

My mother recently mentioned that she would like to have some extra cards on hand so I thought I would make up a few for her that could be used for birthday, get well and even as a sympathy. 

I had seen a very similar card on someone's blog that used this SU Medallion stamp.  I made several similar to this for her.  I left some blank inside and on a couple made them specifically for a birthday and one for a sympathy.

As careful as I try to be, I made a boo boo on the right hand card and saw a streak of the ink.  Not good!  Luckily I found this butterfly on a sheet of K & Company dimensional butterflies.  The color was perfect for the  SU Rich Razzleberry ink.

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcome..............I love hearing from you!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

That is so great of you to make up cards for your mother. These are beautiful. And you're right - the butterfly is the perfect color for that card. Great save!

Harriet Skelly said...

These are gorgeous CAS cards Vicki! I know your mother will love them.

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Vicki! And how clever to use a butterfly to cover a boo-boo! It looks like it was supposed to be there!

Linda Fisher said...

Isn't your Mother lucky to have you! Your cards are beautiful! I love your remedy for boo-boos!

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...