Tuesday, August 23, 2011

SON-IN-LAW'S BIRTHDAY

One of our son-in-laws is celebrating his birthday on Thursday. I'm sure he never looks at this blog, so I'm posting the card I made for him today since too many days have gone by again for something new here.

The SU design from the Inspired by Nature stamp set was stamped on a piece of off white/ecru card stock and then trimmed down.  (I didn't take measurements but just trimmed down close to the stamped image.)  Using an SU punch, I punched out 7 brown pieces of card stock to make the grass look like cattails.  This was then added to an SU Chocolate Chip card stock and then onto a SU Wild Wasabi card base.  

For the sentiment, I cut and embossed the Spellbinders tag from SU Chocolate Chip card stock  The "Happy Birthday" was heat embossed using VersaMark and Egyptian Gold embossing powder.  To adhere it to the front of the card, I ran it through one of my Xyrons.  The scroll work on the edges stay down well by adding adhesive in this way.

Thank you for stopping by!  Comments are always welcome............I love hearing from you!

6 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

This is so creative and pretty Vicki!!

Sheri said...

Pretty card. I am sure he will love it

Selma said...

This is a great masculine card. I love how you created the cattails. Your SIL is going to love it.

Ann Schach said...

A perfect masculine card! Very classy, Vicki!

Lynette said...

I love the cattails, Vicki! I still need to try that some time. Great card!

Joanne said...

This is such a CREATIVE idea! I love the look of the cattails! The colors you chose are perfect for a SIL.....GREAT card!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...