Friday, September 30, 2011

FLIGHT 93 MEMORIAL

The last stop we made was near Shanksville PA - the site of the Flight 93 Memorial.  We have visited this site now three times.  The memorial is not finished yet but has changed so much since we were first there shortly after 9/11/2001.  The first time we were went there was only a very small building, a section of a linked fence where items from visitors were poked into the openings and some engraved stones. 
 
We were told that when the memorial is completely finished there will be 40 groves of 40 trees.  I'm not sure what else will be added but it is well done.  Without a lot of explanation, here are some pictures............I thought I had a snapshot of the entire wall, but it is more than 40 panels long and the only way I could get it was to take a video of it.  I have more pictures and will be putting them into a Picasa.com album if anyone wants to see them.
 





Former President Clinton and Speaker of the House John Boehner are joining together to help raise the additional 10 million dollars to complete the project.  I hope they are successful!

1 comment:

Ann Schach said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures, Vicki! I have enjoyed them!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...