Sunday, September 11, 2011

I WILL REMEMBER...............

It is only fitting that today I post a card to reflect on the tragedy of September 11, 2001.  If you are unable to make out the sentiment on the left side of the stamp it reads "Adversity revealed our strength".  A friend of mine had sent me a card using this exact stamp and I asked her if I could buy it from her.  Thank  you, Debra for allowing me to buy this stamp from you.  It is one I will never part with.

Most of you who visit my blog today will remember where you were on that day.  Please feel free to share your story.  

For me, my husband had planned a day-trip as a way to celebrate my birthday.  We were just ready to leave the house and had been watching Good Morning America.  The first plane hit the World Trade Center and we told ourselves it had to have been an accident.  We left the house and had the radio on in our car.  We soon realized as the day progressed what a terrible tragedy our country had suffered.

Yesterday, I watched the dedication of the memorial at Shanksville, PA.  We have visited the site two times.  Standing at the site for the first time was very emotional and I could hardly speak knowing the bravery that those 40 people showed that day.  We are planning to visit it again very soon.  Each year I continue to remember that awful day and always will.

5 comments:

Julie Marshall said...

Hi Vicki! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I wanted to pop in and check you out ;)

This is a beautiful card. I can see why you wanted that stamp set. The stars in the background are the perfect addition. TFS.

Sheri said...

That stamp should be in every stampers stamp drawer. I love that you did it in red white and blue.

Joanne said...

Bless You, Vicki, for taking the time to help us ALL remember the tragedy of that day. Your card is amazing, but the verse is even MORE amazing!

Marge said...

What a perfect card for yesterday's remembrance, Vicki! May God and all the true heroes in and out of uniform in this great country continue to keep us safe!!!
I also wanted to wish you a belated Happy Birthday; hope you were able to celebrate precious times with family yesterday!!!

Ann Schach said...

This is a fabulous stamp, Vicki! I am so glad you posted this card. What a wonderful tribute!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...