Tuesday, October 4, 2011

GET WELL CARD

One of my mother's friends fell and broke her hip.  Our families were very close as I was growing up and I wanted to send her a card.

The white layer was run through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder (my go-to folder) but I used one of the Easy Folder Frames (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) that I purchased from  Joan's Gardens.

By using one of the frames, it left a blank oval in the center of the piece where I stamped the Sunflower design from Serendipity Stamps.  The design was colored with Copic markers.

The white layer was then attached to a piece of SU Crushed Curry and then onto a piece of SU Wild Wasabi.  The card base had been embossed with the same Swiss Dots folder but I trimmed down the length of the card so that there was just a single row of dots framing the layers which were mounted with foam squares.

It felt so good to actually make a card again.  I think it had been about three weeks since I'd taken the time to enjoy getting into my stamping supplies.

Thank you for stopping by!   Your comments are always welcome...........I love hearing from you! 

5 comments:

Barbara said...

This card is so pretty! It is sure to cheer up your friend and help her on the road to recovery.

Sheri said...

What a pretty card and the folder frames are a terrific idea. I have to check them out

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful colors! I love the texture! I am sure this would cheer up anyone!

Anonymous said...

GREAT card and thank you for the tip on the Easy Folder frames!
~ Linda

Lynette said...

Sorry about your mother's friend. This is a beautiful card for her!

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...